--------------------------------------------
Google
Sweet Rubles: Aeroflot - not as bad as you heard

29 July 2006

Aeroflot - not as bad as you heard

I recently flew on Aeroflot for the first time – a round trip. I had heard many horror stories from friends who had flown it, but I found the experience to be quite comfortable. Compared to the airlines in the States, the seats were softer and there was more leg room. The flight crew was polite and helpful, as well as the ticket agents. Also, my dear readers may not believe me, but the takeoffs and landings on both legs of the trip were among the smoothest I’ve ever experienced. When we landed in Sofia for example, I was reading and I thought the bumps I felt were part of the descent through air pockets; however I looked up to find we were on the ground taxiing! The only thing that had me worried was how Russians applaud upon landing. Maybe the smooth flights I experienced were unusual?

1 Comments:

At 9:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I showed this to my friend, Marina, at work and she got a good laugh. She was a fight attendant on Aeroflot for a few years.

Her comment on the applause was that it is a tradition started when the people in the Communist era were allowed to travel and were always very excited to have reached their destinations.

Glad you had a good time in Bulgaria!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home