--------------------------------------------
Google
Sweet Rubles: Concierge

27 November 2005

Concierge

I should clarify my mention in the post "Location..." below of a concierge in my building. The word conjures up an image of a guy behind a shiny desk with a snazzy uniform. However what I have is different; it is a little room off to the side of the entryway, very Russian-style, staffed by guys who are dressed for dirty work, so my assumption is that they are more like "supers" than a concierge. I still need to find out what they do for the 250 Rubles (about $9) a month. So far the apartment is working great, except my landlady has the flu, so I haven't been able to get her to sign the document I need for the university and immigration authorities. Hopefully this week; well, it has to be by the end of the month, if I want to stay legal.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home