--------------------------------------------
Google
Sweet Rubles: Homeless Dogs

08 November 2005

Homeless Dogs

There are many stray dogs in Moscow. It is interesting that the same word
"homeless" in Russian is used for both people and dogs. A Russian friend
said that they used to send dog catchers out, but since most of the caught
dogs ended up being put to sleep, people felt bad, so they stopped doing
that. I see people feeding the dogs sometimes, and they hang out in certain
places, like a particular part of the MGU campus. They are generally quite
friendly, unless something disturbs them. A friend told me he saw a couple
of dogs sleeping in the grass and then a bicycle went by and they got up to
chase it. I was having a snack before class the other day, just standing on
the sidewalk, and a couple stray dogs came up to me and very politely looked
at me, smelling the food, and gave me looks of "Hey man, can you help a
fellow out?" I saw a big dog in my subway car the other day. She was just
lying on the floor taking it easy. I wondered if she knew where she was
going.

1 Comments:

At 5:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Steve hello, I run Russian Stock Footage Company TVDATA and we have footage of homeless dogs, in general the situation is a bit sad in regards to the animals in Moscow...so we all have number of cats and dogs at our families...we posted some footage on our web site picturing Homeless dogs, may I ask U permission to insert U words there ... because I find them so tender and caring and simple to understand... who knows may be can contribute a little to help the animals... thank you in advance
Oxana
From Russia with Love

http://tvdata.ru/nature/homeless_dogs

 

Post a Comment

<< Home