--------------------------------------------
Google
Sweet Rubles: Rotary

08 November 2005

Rotary

I haven't explained much in my blog about Rotary, so I will try to correct
that. As this whole trip is under the auspices of Rotary (thank you
especially to Rotary Club University Sunrise http://www.usrotary.org/ in
Seattle, and District 5030 www.rotary5030.org, which sponsored me), in
addition to university study, I have the pleasure to be involved with Rotary
in Moscow. There are eight Rotary Clubs in Moscow, and my host club is
called Rotary Club Moscow International "RCMI" (www.rc-mi.org). Its
membership is mainly expats, and the language of the club is English. They
are very active and involved in many great charitable projects. The first
time I attended a club meeting, the president came up to me as soon as I
arrived and said, "OK Steve, you're at Rotary now, you can relax." This club
is also chartering the Rotaract Moscow International Club. Rotaract is
designed for young people, college students and people early in their
careers who otherwise aren't ready to become regular Rotarians; as a Rotary
Ambassadorial Scholar, I am automatically eligible to join a Rotaract Club.
This club is also very active, and once their charter is official in
November, they will already be doing good things; they will be offering
support to a school for deaf and blind children in Sergeev Posad, which RCMI
is also quite involved in. Once they are chartered, I will post a link to
their website.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home